Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hail to the Chief, Baby.

I'm an avowed centrist and devil's advocate. Whatever your political beliefs, I'm more than happy to poke holes in them. Man, I love to argue. I'm also cynical as hell and was even a political reporter in a not-too-distant former life. What I learned about covering politics was that I really hated politics.

But now as I sit here in Brussels watching the inaugural coverage via satellite, I can't help but get a few chills. Wow, those crowds in DC are incredible. I hate crowds. Sort of glad I'm not there. Looks cold. Ain't television great? Sure is comfy in here. Time to put my feet up and open a great American beer. Something hoppy.

Cascades smell like freedom, did you know that?

1 comment:

  1. For the record, I decided on a can of Maui Brewing Coconut Porter. The new guy is from Hawaii, after all.

    ReplyDelete