Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bloggy Quickness, Featuring Amsterdam.

Are you following my twitter thing yet? It's that thing over there, down on the left. I've been using it for stuff that I don't have time am too lazy to blog and yet might be useful. I resisted for a while. Now I'm not sure how I ever got along without DRUNK HULK.

So... spring and summer travel plans. What are yours?

Maybe you'd like to go to Amsterdam. There's an 80 Beers guide for that, you know. Ron Pattinson still maintains his guide online, although you can also buy a dead-tree version. I own one, although I think it's an older edition. But I've used it. It works.

Finally, here's a free one: Mr. Chris Owen put this five-pager together for his own use. He has generously agreed to share it with you.

Then there's the Van Gogh museum. Saying you don't like Van Gogh is like saying you don't like the Beatles, it's either ignorant or a fucking lie.

Tomorrow (or else pretty soon): London. Or England. Or Britain, even. Whichever turns out to be larger.

4 comments:

  1. Best drinking city in Europe, Amsterdam, IMO.

    And while you're of course totally correct on Van Gogh, I don't rate the Van Gogh Museum's collection. Musée d'Orsay in Paris has better stuff of his. But The Frog & Rosbif is no Arendsnest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amsterdam also is a great city for other things, I gather. Falafel, for example. Rijsttaffels. Japanese pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and whores and weed. Almost forgot those.

    ReplyDelete