Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kickstarting the Grill with Beer, or Something.

Because you are reading this, I assume you read blogs (which are going out of fashion, allegedly, but never mind). Because you read blogs, I assume you are hip to social media. Because you are hip to social media, maybe you already know about Kickstarter.

I didn't know. So I've got Ratebeer director Joe Tucker to thank for pointing this out.

Beery cookbook author Lucy Saunders is using Kickstarter in an attempt to publish a new, fatter edition of Grilling with Beer. Here's how it works: You pledge money for stuff. If she doesn't meet her goal, you pay nothing.

For $5 you can have five color recipe postcards. For $25 you can get a signed copy of a book I would have paid $25 for anyway. For $2,500 Lucy Saunders will send you 250 signed copies, come to your town, do a cooking demonstration, and wash and wax your car.*

*OK, Lucy Saunders might not wash and wax you car, but at that pledge level I think it couldn't hurt to ask.

2 comments:

  1. And here's the link to the kickstarter page; http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2110893727/fan-the-flames-grilling-with-beer-cookbook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christian. There are also links above, in the text and via the widget there. Apologies if I didn't make that clear enough.

    ReplyDelete