Friday, August 27, 2010

Digging Corned Beef in Track Town, USA.

I'm not a reuben aficionado or anything, but I've eaten my share of them. I can't remember eating better than the one I had yesterday at the Cornucopia in Eugene, Oregon. Loads of corned beef and sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island on grilled, marbled rye. Washed down with a pint of Eugene's own Ninkasi Believer, dangerously crisp and drinkable for its strength.

The Thursday special: Reuben, fries and a micro draft for $10. In retrospect it might have been worth twice that.

The Cornucopia has nine or 10 taps with emphasis on local and regional brews, loads and loads of bottles, sidewalk tables, and a popular back terrace. It's at 295 West 17th Street or, downtown, at 207 East 5th Street. A must-do if you're checking out Eugene and well worth the detour if you're cruising down I-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment